Sonic Boom: The Movie is an upcoming American-Japanese-Canadian-French live-action/computer-animated action-adventure science fiction comedy film directed by TBA. The film will be featuring the live-action talents of James Marsden, Tika Sumpter, and Jim Carrey and the animated voice talents of Ben Schwartz, Colleen Villard, Travis Willingham, Cindy Robinson, and Nika Futterman.
Produced by Paramount Animation, Sega, Original Film, Marza Animation Planet, TMS Entertainment, Blur Studio, Mikros Image, and Technicolor Animation Productions and distributed by Paramount Pictures, the film will be released sometime in the 2020s.
- James Marsden as Thomas Michael "Tom" Wachowski, the sheriff of Green Hills who is referred to as "The Donut Lord" by Sonic.
- Tika Sumpter as Maddie Wachowski, Tom's wife who is a veterinarian and referred to as "The Pretzel Lady" by Sonic.
- Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik, a mad scientist and inventor who is the constant nemesis of Team Sonic and the inhabitants of Bygone Island, residing in a lair off the coast of the island. Sonic nicknames him "Eggman"—his alias from the video game series—in reference to his egg-shaped robot drones.
- Ben Schwartz as Sonic, an anthropomorphic 15-year-old blue male hedgehog with superhuman speed. Sonic has good intentions and is heroic, but can be shortsighted of others' feelings and impatient. He also enjoys the benefits of being a hero and dislikes competition. Like his counterpart in the 2020 Sonic film, Sonic has two separate eyes and has blue-furred arms, but like his Sonic Boom counterpart, he wears a brown neckerchief around his neck and athletic sports tape on his wrists and shoes.
- Colleen Villard as Tails, an anthropomorphic 8-year-old two-tailed yellow fox who is Sonic's sidekick. He sports goggles and a tool belt and serves as the group's mechanic and technology expert. Tails' inventions do not always work out as intended, though he's highly confident in his abilities. He maintains the same personality overall, though he can be blunter and more openly skeptical.
- Travis Willingham as Knuckles, an anthropomorphic 16-year-old red echidna and the muscle of Team Sonic, whose redesign for Sonic Boom is the most drastic of any Sega character altered for the series: Knuckles is considerably taller than most versions of the character, appears more muscular, and wears sports tape around his hands as opposed to spiked boxing gloves. Whereas other versions of Knuckles have a history of being gullible, Boom Knuckles is clueless and often annoys his teammates.
- Cindy Robinson as Amy Rose, an anthropomorphic 12-year-old pink female hedgehog who is the peppiest member of the group. Amy wields a giant hammer in battle. As in other series, Amy has a crush on Sonic but seems to be more cautious about it than other versions of herself. Eggman has referred to her and Sonic as if they were a married couple, and to her as Sonic's girlfriend. She is the more emotionally mature member of the group, offering common sense when the rest of the team gets carried away.
- Nika Futterman as Sticks, a badger skilled in the use of boomerangs that comes from the jungle. Sticks is a paranoid individual of wild habits, who enjoys digging through garbage and looking at shiny objects. While she may at times seem insane, her madness does occasionally stray into genius, allowing her to find solutions that no one else could have thought of.
- TBA as Orbot, Eggman's red orb-shaped robot henchman. He is the blunter, more formal of the two, often being totally honest even at Eggman's expense.
- TBA as Cubot, Eggman's yellow cube-shaped robot henchman. He is the slower, more dimwitted of the two, often misunderstanding the meaning of other characters' statements.
- TBA as Rouge the Bat
- TBA as Silver the Hedgehog
- TBA as Blaze the Cat
- TBA as Shadow the Hedgehog
- TBA as Metal Sonic
Music and soundtrack