NOTE TO EDITORS AND PEOPLE IN GENERAL:
Please Note that as of this date, the movie has not actually been released, so if you add or change anything, please back it up with sources. Thank You, ~~~~
Five Nights at Freddy's is a 2022 live-action film based on the game of the same name. The film will be directed by Chris Columbus and Scott Cawthon himself, and produced by James Blum. This film is produced by Blumhouse Productions and distributed by 1492 Pictures. The plot of the film is based on the first part of the series of games, which was released in 2014.
In a Family Diner called Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, a terrible event takes place. Once at a children's party, 5 children disappear. A man named William Afton is involved in this, because he killed these children, but no one knew about it. William stuffs them into animatronic costumes and leaves the scene. After some time, Michael Schmidt gets a job in a pizzeria for 5 night shifts and finds out that he was not destined to work just like that.
On his birthday, C.C Afton invited everyone he knew. There were masked teenagers at the party, including his brother. The hooligans decided to shove him into Fredbear's mouth. From the child's tears, the animatronic spring locks force Fredbear's mouth to slam shut, literally crushing the child's head, causing him to fall into a coma. After this incident, we are shown the already opened pizzeria "Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria" and shows logo of the this film.
Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria:
It was customary to have a beautiful day at the family diner, where animal animatronics named Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and the Fox-Pirate Foxy performed. Everything would be fine if several people did not notice the loss of 5 children. They also noticed that one of the employees of the pizzeria William Afton was not among them. But these people never found out what happened to them. As a result, the children were never found, and William never left the scene of the crime, leaving no trace of his terrible business behind him. The viewer is shown a scene of William leaving the restaurant in his purple car.
2 weeks after this event, we are shown Michael Schmidt, who reads an advertisement in the newspaper that a night guard is needed for Freddy Fazbear's pizzeria. Mike decides to get a job on the first day. This is followed by a scene where Mike drives his car to the pizzeria and opens the door and starts talking to the manager of the pizzeria. The manager explains everything a guard needs to do on the night shift. Mike taking note of this goes to his workplace. Later it comes 12 pm and Mike was about to inspect the pizzeria when suddenly someone calls him. Mike picks up the phone and a certain "Phone Guy" starts talking to Mike and starts talking to him about the rules of survival. Mike doesn't understand, but then he begins to realize that it looks like these animal animatronics are obsessed with something.
After Phone Guy passed out and wished Mike luck on the night shift. Mike began to sweat with a cold sweat and became very panicky, which caused him to look in all the cameras and noticed that the purple rabbit named Bonnie was not the one on stage where he should be standing. Then Mike began to panic even more and did not know what to do in this case. He tried to call the guy who called him again, but he just didn't pick up the phone. Mike wanted to run to the exit and quit this job the next day, but he noticed that Bonnie was almost at his office. Mike closed the door so Bonnie could not go into the office and somehow harm Mike.
Mike calmed down a little and looked at his watch and noticed that it was already 3 o'clock in the morning and looked at the cameras and saw that Bonnie was back in his place on the stage and opened the door to get some air, because Mike got hot after such a panic. Later, Mike decides to look at the camera once again and noticed that Freddy and Chica were gone. He again panicked and decided to close both doors, then he looked at the time and the time was already 4 o'clock in the morning. Mike was glad that this hell would end soon and he decided that he would quit tomorrow and never come back here again. Then Mike heard someone laughing from the right door and decided to open the door and shine a flashlight there and saw Chica there, who vigilantly and without taking her eyes looked terribly at Mike. He panicked very much and abruptly closed the door again.
Mike began to panic greatly and took a nearby stun gun and began to swing it, even when the doors were closed. Mike then calmed down and sat down at his chair and wiping his sweat from his face began to look at his watch and saw that he had only one hour left because it was already 5 in the morning. Mike saw on the cameras that Chica was gone and only one Freddy was there, who was waiting for Mike to open the doors and do something bad for him. Mike began to see small hallucinations in front of him and almost fainted from this, but heard a ringing and saw that the time was 6 o'clock in the morning. Mike, being delighted by this, quickly ran to the exit, as if running away from something very dangerous.
The rest of the plot will come later.
(Who wrote this? ~~~~)
- Kellen Goff as Michael Schmidt.
- Bill Skarsgard as William Afton (The Purple Guy).
- Scott Cawthon as The Phone Guy.
- Frank Welker as The Pizzeria Manager.
- Nathan Gamble as C.C Afton (Opening Scene).
- Real Robots-Animatronics as Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, Golden Freddy (Fredbear (Opening Scene)) and Spring-Bonnie (Opening Scene).
Warner Bros. Pictures announced in April 2015 that it had acquired the series' film rights, with Roy Lee, David Katzenberg, and Seth Grahame-Smith scheduled to produce. Grahame-Smith said that they would collaborate with Cawthon "to make an insane, terrifying and weirdly adorable movie". In July 2015, Gil Kenan signed to direct the adaptation and co-write it with Tyler Burton Smith.
In January 2017, Cawthon said that due to "problems within the movie industry as a whole", the film "was met with several delays and roadblocks" and was "back at square one". He promised "to be involved with the movie from day one this time, and that's something extremely important to me. I want this movie to be something that I'm excited for the fanbase to see." Cawthon tweeted a picture of a chair with the name "Freddy" with the Blumhouse Productions logo in March of that year, implying that the film has a new production company. Producer Jason Blum confirmed the news two months later, saying that he was excited about working closely with Cawthon on the adaptation. In June 2017, Kenan said that he was no longer directing the film after Warner Bros. Pictures' turnaround. It was announced in February 2018 that Chris Columbus would direct and write the film, also producing it with Blum and Cawthon.
In August 2018, Cawthon announced that the script's first draft (involving the events of the first game) was completed and a second and third film were possible. That month, Blum tweeted that the film was planned for a 2020 release. In November 2018, Cawthon announced that the film's script had been scrapped and the film would be further delayed. On September 2019, the script for the movie has been confirmed to be finished. In June 2020, Blum said in an interview that the film is in super active development, and that it's moving rapidly forward, but that he doesn't want to put a timeline on it.. In November 2020, Cawthon stated in a reddit post that the screenplay had been chosen and that filming will start in Spring 2021. Included was a list of scrapped screenplays with a small description of each and why they were ultimately eliminated.
- Oscar 2022 - For one of the best film screenplay.
- Oscar's Choice Awards 2022 - For a great viewing choice.
- Oscar's Choice Awards 2023 - For huge acclaim from critics, fans and ordinary viewers.
Three weeks after the film's world premiere, many sites began to praise Blumhouse Productions for such a very marvelous film adaptation of the 2014s horror game. For this, Jason Blum posted a letter on Twitter, as he is grateful to fans, critics and viewers for the strong sincere and excellent ratings and said that the whole working team will try to make the next two films come out as cool as this one. On the Internet site Rotten Tomatoes, the film was rated 10 out of 10 as one of the best adaptation of horror games and one of the best films from Blumhouse Productions.
- The 2019 science-fiction horror film Child's Play (a reboot of the 1988 film of the same name) has a similar aesthetic to the Five Nights at Freddy's video games due to the fact that the main villain is an animatronic.
- The 2019 science-fiction horror-comedy film The Banana Splits Movie, based on the Hanna-Barbera TV show, is speculated to be a reworking of the original Five Nights at Freddy's film Warner Bros. was supposed to work on before the rights went to Blumhouse Productions.
- The upcoming horror-thriller film Willy's Wonderland appears to have a similar plot line to the Five Nights at Freddy's video games, but the writer and director of the film deny any resemblance.
- It is possible that the film could be distributed by Lionsgate, due to the fact that Lionsgate assisted Scott Cawthon and Steel Wool Studios in releasing Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted. However, while this remains unconfirmed, it's extremely likely. This is because the 2019 psychological/survival horror video game Blair Witch was published by Lionsgate, who also distributed all three films in the Blair Witch film series. (The first two films were released by Artisan Entertainment, which was then purchased by Lionsgate in 2003.)
- This film will be Blumhouse Productions' first ever video game film.
- In an interview with Jason Blum, it was revealed that the film is currently Blumhouse Productions' top priority.
- On September 1, 2020, it was revealed that Jason Blum is using MatPat's Five Nights at Freddy's theory videos as research for the film.
- Jason Blum claimed that it is possible that Five Nights at Freddy's fan Jamie Lee Curtis from the Halloween franchise might be in the film.
- On Jack Black's TikTok page, he has been doing Five Nights at Freddy's-related stuff, hinting that he might be a part of the movie.
- He and his son also played Five Nights at Freddy's 4 (Halloween Edition) on Markiplier's channel to celebrate the 2015 Goosebumps film, which Black starred in.
- On November 20, 2020, Scott Cawthon made a post on the official Five Nights at Freddy's subreddit, where he revealed that multiple screenplays were considered, as well as explaining why those screenplays were rejected.
- Scott Cawthon revealed that the plot of the movie will be based around a man named Mike and his connection to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. It's likely that the protagonist is Michael Afton as his father, William Afton, was the murderer of the five children and co-founder of Fazbear Entertainment.
- It is also likely that the man in question is Mike Schmidt from the first game in the series.